CSC40121 Certificate IV in Correctional Practice
Offender Services & Programs Primary Training
This program aims to provide Services & Programs Officers with the skills and knowledge to effectively deliver services and programs to offenders, provide information in relation to operational policies and procedures and best practice techniques.
The program will assist learners in developing skills to effectively build working relationships with offenders.
At the conclusion of this course learners should be able to:
· Understand the duties and responsibilities of an Offender Services & Programs Officer
· Improve offender services & programs service delivery
· Effectively engage with offenders
· Understand the offender services & programs policies and procedures that guide these roles
· Gain an understanding of offender assessments and case planning processes
· Effectively deliver services to offenders
· Effective program delivery and motivate offenders to change behaviour.
This primary training program comprises two components: an online component and a 10-week face-to-face component. Learners are required to complete all online and face-to-face components to meet training and assessment requirements. On satisfactory completion of training and assessment learners will attain CSC40121 Certificate IV in Correctional Practice.
This program consists of several in class and online assessments which the learners are to complete over a period of twelve months. The assessments will also require uploading of a learning portfolio containing reports and written work such as observations of performance, workbooks, practical tasks, interviews, and third-party reports.
10-week primary training program, online component and completion of all assessment tasks over a 12month period.
Target Group: Offender Services & Programs Officers
Training Unit: Operational Management Training Unit