Workshop for Functional Managers
This course is currently not scheduled at BFCSA. However, it may be available to be facilitated off-site at your work location if there is an assessed operational need. To make enquiries in relation to this, please contact CTU@dcj.nsw.gov.au
The value of Coaching and Mentoring has increased significantly in recent years as organisations begin to focus on leadership development as a critical path to success. Coaching and Mentoring for High Performance will assist Functional Managers to develop essential skills required to enhance the performance of staff.
This face to face course is designed to be a practical experience for Functional Managers, enabling them to apply coaching skills in a Correctional Centre coaching context. Participants will learn ways to address their specific coaching/mentoring challenges and build skills they can use in order to develop their team to perform at a higher level, in accordance with the My Performance requirements.
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Using coaching and mentoring to improve productivity, morale and retention
- Demonstrate techniques for building a successful mentoring relationship
- Utilise tools such as the GROW method to provide feedback and recognise good performance
- Identify key skills in mentoring
- Understand the importance of individual and team development
- Manage critical conversations to achieve positive outcomes
- Understanding requirements under the My Performance initiative
Custodial Training Unit